Saturday, February 14, 2009

SCSC #LSC207 Stretch Yourself and SS Something Chocolate Challenges

I’m posting this a day later, but yesterday I thought I could incorporate my creation to meet two challenges. The first one is Split Coast Stampers Limited Supply Challenge which requires you to use two or more “things” that are a “stretch” for you on your card, you can check out this site to participate or for more information at http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=418976 Well for my creation, one was making a “shaped card” and the other was to use my Scor-Pal in as a “decorative form” rather than just scoring a typical card in half. Not sure if you can see it in my cards – but the Scor-Pal is used to create the pleated look in the cupcake liner. The second challenge you can check out at Stamp Something Blog – the requirements are to create something with chocolate in mind – doesn’t the chocolate on my cupcake look tasty? LOL

Here is my creation (sorry the bows look off, I had to press hard on my scanner to get a clear picture which caused them to move slightly from the glue dots, they’ve since been fixed):

SCS #LSC207 and Stamp Something Chocolate-B 021409

Notice how the chocolate frosting is different on both cupcakes. I made four total, two of each – just because I wanted them to look a little different (what do ya think?) – I simply just rotated the cutout. Just an idea for variation.

The original cupcake idea came from Valita’s Designs & Fresh Folds Blog – she is one creative Lady!

For this card I used:

Cardstock: Orchid Opulence, Barely Banana, and Close to Cocoa

Inks: Orchid Opulence, Barely Banana, and Close to Cocoa

Accessories: Cuttlebug folders, Crystal Effects, sponges, CM 3/4” circle punch and Ribbon from Michael’s

Have a Great Day!

6 comments:

Bev said...

Oh those cupcakes look delish!

hugs Bev x

LeAnne said...

What great creations! Perfect for the challenges!

Kathryn said...

DARLING -- I love all the embossing -- so pretty! :)

Raspberry Cupcake said...

Yummy! They look really good!

Deb M. said...

Yummy cupcakes!! Love them!

TFS..

Anonymous said...

OMG! I love your cupcakes~now i'm going to go find some to chow on!

XOXO
Sara