Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Polka Dot Daisies

The other day I received my SU order with Delicate Dots DSP in it and really wanted to play with it – I also wanted to do something with the Scallop Circle punch again because that is also fairly new to my SU collection.  Well I went on over to SCS and was looking at the recent postings and WOW, I found this absolutely beautiful card made by Lisa: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1282248 – I was stumped on how she did the stems because they just looked so perfect.  I emailed her a note asking her how she did them and I was so appreciative that she wrote me back to let me know she did the piercing free-hand and then sewed them!  I thought um, ok, I can do this and I love to sew – so wha-la, here is how mine came out: Polka Dot DaisiesIt was really a fun and relaxing card to make.  In fact, I made a few of them and here’s a little secret, if you are participating in this month’s swap at:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cardexchange/?yguid=356376302 you will be receiving one of these cards!

Recipe

Stamp Set: Polka Dot Punches

Paper: DSP Delicate Dots, Sahara Tan, Whisper White, and So Saffron

Ink: So Saffron and Versamark

Accessories: SU Scallop Circle Punch, CM 1” Circle Punch, MM Willow Thread, Paper Piercer, White Embossing Powder, Sponge, Certain Celery 5/8” poly-twill Ribbon, and Whisper White grosgrain Ribbon

WildFlowers-1007sj-Priscilla1

 

No comments: